Previously with The U.S. Department of Justice
I am a litigation partner in the New York office. I chose RK&O to work with Lee Richards, Michael Mann, Dan Zinman and the firm’s many other talented partners after working for nine years as a federal prosecutor in Manhattan. RK&O has proven to be the perfect platform to represent institutions and individuals in complex cross-border white collar matters, which is exactly what I had hoped to do when I left the government.
Since joining RK&O, I have, among other things:
- Represented a South American sports marketing firm in relation to the 2015 Brooklyn federal (EDNY) prosecution and investigation of FIFA officials and others.
- Represented several lawyers and lobbyists in connection with a Manhattan federal (SDNY) investigation and prosecution of a prominent New York State legislator in 2015.
- Represented several executives of global banks in DOJ investigations of foreign exchange trading practices.
- Represented several sales and trading executives in parallel investigations by the DOJ and SEC relating to fixed-income sales and trading practices.
- Represented more than 20 executives of global banks in investigations by the DOJ, other agencies, and independent monitors relating to AML and OFAC sanctions compliance.
- Represented the chief executive officer of a U.S. broker-dealer charged in Manhattan federal court with FCPA violations.
- Advised two Swiss banks, a Swiss law firm and a Swiss trade association in connection with the DOJ’s amnesty program for Swiss banks.
- Served as counsel to the Independent Examiner for two Swiss banks in connection with the DOJ’s amnesty program for Swiss banks.
- Represented a research analyst in a FINRA investigation relating to research independence.
- Represented a global bank in an SEC investigation of a large industrial company.
- Conducted an internal investigation for a U.S. bank holding company relating to a cross-border accounting issue.
- Advised U.S.-based asset management firms in regulatory matters.
I earned a J.D. from Yale Law School, an M. Phil in international relations from Oxford University, and a B.A. summa cum laude from Yale College. After law school, I clerked for the Honorable Pierre N. Leval of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
HONORS & AWARDS