November 21, 2017
RK&O partner James Walker spoke at PLI's "Pocket MBA 2017: Finance for Lawyers and Other Professionals" program on Tuesday, November 21 at 4:00 p.m. Mr. Walker's presentation was titled, "Ethical Considerations for Counsel in the Business World" and covered:
- What exposure does counsel have for participating in the negotiation and execution of contracts?
- Protecting sensitive information and responding ethically to opponents’ probes for it
- The reach of the duty of confidentiality, and the obligation of disclosure of mistakes
- Misrepresentation, fraudulent nondisclosure and omissions - ethical challenges
- Responsibilities of the firm/legal department for a supervising and/or subordinate attorney’s ethical lapse
- Discovery Ethics: Use of social media, and recording conversations
For more information on this program please click here.