October 30, 2018
RK&O attorneys James Walker and Margot Laporte will be featured speakers at an upcoming panel discussion hosted by the European American Chamber of Commerce. The panel, "U.S. Regulatory Risks for European Companies", will take place on Tuesday, October 30th at 8:00 a.m. at the Yale Club and will address topics including:
- Connections to the U.S. that could allow the SEC or DOJ to assert jurisdiction
- Key U.S. substantive law including financial accounting and disclosure laws, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), and anti-money laundering (AML) laws
- Best practices in conducting internal investigations and responding to regulatory inquiries
- Practical issues including data privacy, employment law and privilege
- Strategic considerations including self-reporting and cooperation with U.S. regulators and implementation of remedial measures
- Potential concurrent jurisdiction of European regulators
- What are the EU implications for some of these rules and what are possible conflicts with local laws?
Click here to register for this event.