June 23, 2020
Financial Poise hosted a webinar "Opportunity Amidst Crisis" for business owners, corporate directors and officers, private equity professionals and others seeking to learn the ins and outs of dealing with a financially distressed company. RK&O partner Greg Plotko was one of the featured panelists on this webinar. Topics covered include:
- How companies and their directors and officers should conduct themselves when facing insolvency
- Strategic options available to financially distressed companies (friendly foreclosure, assignments for the benefit of creditors, Chapter 11, etc.)
- How to spot opportunities to purchase financially distressed companies & the various strategies and mechanisms available to do so, including through
- How to structure a deal (equity v. assets; hard v. soft assets; going concern v. pieces)
- The vendors’ perspective
- How the impact of COVID-19 plays into all of the above.